The past decade has seen a rapid rise in productivity software as companies strive for greater efficiency and better employee performance. The age of automation is here, and with that comes an increased need for innovative solutions to help businesses stay ahead of the competition.
As we enter a new decade, we’re seeing even more powerful and intuitive productivity tools that can help you maximize your time and increase your success. Here are ten of the best productivity tools available in 2023:
Best Productivity Tools for Project Managers
We’ll start with the tools designed specifically for project managers.
1. Day.io – Best Time Management and Project Tracking Tool in 2023
Day.io is the leading time management and project tracking tool in 2023. It helps you stay organized, track tasks and projects, and prioritize your work with its advanced calendar feature. The app also provides detailed reporting so that you can easily see how your team is performing and make changes as needed.
- Project and timesheet management
- Time tracking and reporting
- Project report generation
- Time and attendance monitoring
- Location-based time clock
- Digital signature management and approval system
- Project time tracking: $6 per user/month
- Time and attendance: $4 per user/month
2. ProofHub – Best for Project Planning
ProofHub is an intuitive project planning tool with comprehensive features designed to help teams stay on track. It has a powerful task management system that allows you to assign tasks, set deadlines, and keep everyone informed of progress.
- Planning tools – Table, Kanban boards, Gantt Charts
- Custom workflow creation and management
- Collaboration and communication tools – @Mentions and instant messaging
- Announcement and discussion boards
- Template-based project creation
- Timesheet and project delivery reports
- Essential: $50/month – 40 projects and 15 GB storage for unlimited users
- Ultimate Control – $99/month – 100 storage for unlimited users and projects
3. Trello – Best for Cloud-based Team Collaboration
Trello is a cloud-based collaboration platform that makes it easy to keep everyone on the same page. It has a drag-and-drop user interface, allowing teams to quickly and easily manage projects. The app also provides an activity log so you can see who is making what changes in real time.
- Multiple views of projects and tasks
- Strong automation capabilities
- Wide range of plugin support
- Easily configurable templates
- Integration with other project management apps
- Free: $0
- Standard: $6 per user/month
- Premium: $12.50 per user/month
- Enterprise: $17.50 per user/month (minimum 50 users)
Best Productivity Tools for Individuals
Next, we’ll explore how individuals can use productivity tools to stay organized and productive.
4. Todoist – Best for Everyday Task Management
Todoist helps you remain focused on completing tasks and staying organized. It has a powerful task manager that allows you to create lists, set due dates, and get notifications when tasks are completed.
- Task management and tracking
- Projects, labels and filters
- Smart scheduling and reminders
- Multi-device sync capabilities
- Integration with Google Calendar, Microsoft Outlook and more
- Built-in productivity tools like the Pomodoro timer
- Free: $0
- Pro: $5 per month
- Business: $8 per month
5. Google Docs – Best for Document Collaboration
Google Docs is one of the most popular tools for document collaboration. It allows multiple users to work on the same documents, making collaboration simple and efficient. The app also provides a powerful text editor with features such as formatting, spell check, and collaboration tools.
- Real-time collaboration and editing
- Auto-saving and revision history
- Voice typing and dictation tools
- Integration with Google Drive, Dropbox, Box and more
- Robust sharing features for easy collaboration
- Template library of documents to get you started quickly.
- Free with Google Account
6. MindMeister – Best for Brainstorming and Mind Mapping
MindMeister is a great tool to help you with brainstorming for ideas and mind mapping. It allows you to create visual maps that help you organize your thoughts and track progress on projects. MindMeister also provides collaboration tools so multiple people can work together on a project at once.
- Customized visuals
- Multiple layouts for mapping
- Outline and focus mode
- Comments and notifications management
- Media attachment and embedding
- Basic: $0
- Personal: $2.49/month
- Pro: $4.19/month
Best Productivity Tools for Your Phone
The mobile revolution has changed the way we work, and productivity apps are now available for almost any device. Here are top productivity tools for your phone:
7. Evernote – Best for Note Taking on Phone
Evernote is one of the most popular note-taking apps on the market. It allows you to quickly and easily take notes, store documents, or even record voice memos. The app also supports cloud synchronization so that your data is accessible from any device.
- Instant note taking
- Organization and tagging of notes
- Voice dictation capability
- Searchable images
- Browser extensions for quick access
- Integration with other calendars and apps
- Free: $0
- Personal: $8.99/month
- Professional: $10.99/month
8. Streaks – Best for Setting and Pursuing Goals
Streaks is a powerful goal-setting tool that helps you stay on track and reach your goals. It has an intuitive interface with easy-to-use reminders, allowing you to set daily tasks and keep yourself motivated.
- Task scheduling
- Calendar integration
- Reward system for successful goal completion
- Progress tracking and reminders
- Customizable templates
- Automatic data syncing across devices
Available at iOS and Mac store for $4.99
Best Free Productivity Tools
Who said productivity tools have to be expensive? Here are three of the best free productivity tools available in 2023:
9. Notion – Best for Multipurpose Productivity Management
Notion is a versatile productivity tool that can help you manage everything from projects to timelines or collaborating on documents. The app also supports cloud synchronization so that your data is always accessible from anywhere.
- Note taking, task management and document collaboration
- Real-time editing and collaboration tools
- Integration with other apps like Dropbox and Google Drive
- Customizable workspaces for teams or individuals
- Offline mode for working without an internet connection
- Free: $0
- Plus: $10 per user/month
- Business: $18 per user/month
- Enterprise: Custom pricing
10. Otter – Best for Transcription
Otter is a powerful transcription tool that can convert audio or video recordings into text. It has an intuitive interface and supports multiple languages, making it perfect for businesses who need to transcribe conversations quickly and accurately.
- Automatic transcription of audio and video files into text
- Shareable transcripts with team members or customers
- Integrate voice notes into other applications like Evernote and OneNote
- Create custom templates for note-taking
- Basic: Free
- Pro: $16.99/month
- Business: $30 per user/month
- Enterprise: Custom pricing and features
Wrap-Up: Best Productivity Tools in 2023
To stay ahead of the competition in 2023, it’s essential to have access to powerful and intuitive productivity tools. The ten best productivity tools for project managers and individual users listed above are sure to help you get more done in less time.
From task management systems to goal-setting apps, these solutions will help you maximize your time and increase your success. To get the most out of your time, try Day.io today for comprehensive time tracking and reporting.