Business processes have come a long way since the days of Ford’s production line. Today, streamlining your company is all the rage — optimizing and automating your processes to achieve peak efficiency. But just how do you go about streamlining your HR processes?
One solution is to invest in HR software. This software can automate tasks such as timesheets, payroll, and onboarding, making life easier for both employees and managers alike. Since there are so many HR software solutions on the market, it can be difficult to know which one is right for your business.
In this article, we will take a look at the top five HR software solutions and their respective benefits. If you’re considering investing in HR software, then this article is for you!
Streamlining your processes in 2022
Before we delve into the top five HR solutions, let’s talk about optimization. What does it mean, and how can you achieve it for your company this year?
In business, the term “optimization” refers to making your processes as efficient as possible. This can be done in a number of ways, but it often involves automating tasks and removing redundancies. For example, if your projects take too long to complete due to unnecessary steps, then you can try to cut down on those steps to speed things up.
Another way to optimize your processes is to use modern software tools. For instance, many companies now use cloud-based software to manage their operations. This software is often more efficient and user-friendly than traditional software, making it a great choice for businesses of all sizes.
When it comes to HR processes, you can optimize them by using the right HR software. Let’s take a look at the top five software solutions now.
Solution 1: Namely
As one of the most cutting-edge software solutions on the market, Namely is perfect for businesses looking to streamline their HR processes. 1400 clients and counting have already begun to reap the benefits of Namely features, which include:
- HR task automation: onboarding, self-service, e-signature
- Benefits administration: life events and enrollment
- Compliance: handbook builder, state-mandated trainings, expert advisors
- Talent acquisition and retention: recruiting, performance management, goals, and recognition
- Robust HR analytics tools
Namely describes itself as the perfect solution for mid-sized businesses. Over 70% of their clients report higher productivity and engagement after implementing the program, which is a great testament to its efficacy.
With Namely, employees can request PTO, appreciate peers, review their pay-stubs, and more, all while seamlessly integrating with social networks and other workflow tools. As for managers, they can run reports, track goals, and more with the help of Namely’s powerful analytics tools.
Overall, Namely is a great choice for businesses looking to automate their HR processes and improve employee productivity.
Solution 2: Gusto
Is this your first time looking for an HR software solution? If so, Gusto may be the perfect solution for you. Its seamless and user-friendly interface makes even the most complex HR tasks easy to manage, and its affordability makes it a great choice for small or medium businesses.
Here are some of the key features of Gusto:
- Full-service payroll management
- Employee benefits
- Time and attendance tracking
- Hiring and onboarding process
- New talent management
- Powerful analytics and reporting
Gusto uses smart technology to automate tax, compliance, and payroll processes, so you don’t need to waste precious time on arduous and repetitive tasks. Plus, the powerful accounting capabilities make it difficult for human error to occur.
And, since a healthy business can’t exist without happy and thriving employees, Gusto offers a variety of features to help with employee benefits and retention. For example, you can offer employees custom benefits, set up automatic 401k contributions, and more.
Overall, Gusto is a great choice for businesses looking for an affordable HR software solution that is both easy to use and packed with features.
Solution 3: WorkDay
Next on the list is one of the most comprehensive and complete-package business software solutions on the market: WorkDay. HR is just one of the many areas of business that WorkDay covers, and it does so with aplomb.
WorkDay is all about creating a seamless and enjoyable experience for employees. They truly understand the importance of employee satisfaction, and it shows in the features of their software. Here are some of the key benefits of using WorkDay:
- Detailed employee experience management
- Professional skills development
- Workforce optimization for greater efficiency
- Full HR service delivery
- Belonging and diversity measures
Using the most advanced machine learning technology, WorkDay empowers your workforce with the insights they need to make better decisions. It also gives you all the tools you need as HR manager in order to develop the skills of your team.
Flexibility is a breeze with WorkDay. Want to make schedules more conducive to the needs of your employees? Looking to enable remote work on a hybrid or full-time basis? No problem! WorkDay has the ability to adapt to any company size and structure, and you can organize it all to fit your specific needs.
Solution 4: BambooHR
This all-in-one software is one of the most popular solutions for small-to-medium businesses. It’s all about giving you the time and resources to focus on your team of high-achievers, allowing you to develop your business and grow your company.
BambooHR is laser-focused on making HR processes easier for you. From onboarding to tracking employee performance, this software does it all. And because it integrates with a variety of other software programs, BambooHR makes managing employee data simpler than ever before.
Here are some of the key features of this software:
- People data and analytics for a complete view of your workforce
- Onboarding and offboarding processes that are simple and straightforward
- Reliable compensation management for a more accurate payroll
- Company culture enhancement through performance management and employee satisfaction
BambooHR also goes above and beyond when it comes to customer service. You’ll never be left hanging with a problem that you can’t solve on your own, and the company is constantly making improvements to enhance your HR experience.
Solution 5: APS
Last, but certainly not least, we have APS — a comprehensive and powerful HR tool that’s perfect for businesses of all sizes. This software is designed to make your payroll processes easier, faster, and more accurate.
In terms of human resources, APS has a dedicated software for all your HR needs. Its features include:
- Automated recruiting and onboarding documentation
- Benefits administration management
- Carrier integration for easier benefits management
- Streamlined performance management via goal setting and career development
- Event tracking for better organization of events and deadlines
- ACA compliance assistance
Alongside these great features, APS has a tailored core solution for every industry — finance, healthcare, hospitality, you name it. So no matter what your business is, you can find the perfect HR solution to fit your needs.
If you’re looking for an HR solution that’s comprehensive, affordable, and easy to use, then one of the above software solutions is perfect for you!
How to implement your HR solution
Once you’ve chosen the perfect HR software solution for your company, the next step is to implement it. This can be a daunting process, but with the right planning and execution, it can be a breeze.
Here are some tips for a successful HR software implementation:
- Communicate with all stakeholders — Make sure that everyone who will be impacted by the software knows what’s happening and why. This includes employees, managers, and other departments within your company.
- Train everyone who will be using the software — This is especially important for managers, who will need to be able to use the software to its fullest potential in order to manage their teams.
- Modify your processes to fit the software — Don’t try to force the software to fit into your old processes — it won’t work. Instead, modify your processes to better match the capabilities of the software.
- Plan for bumps in the road — There will always be bumps in the road during an implementation, so be prepared for them and have a plan to deal with them.
- Have patience — The best things in life take time, and a successful HR software implementation is no exception. So be patient and let the process unfold naturally.
By following these tips, you’ll be well on your way to a successful HR software implementation.
What if you’ve got a smaller budget?
When faced with so many business expenses, it can seem superfluous to invest in HR software. But the truth is, even small businesses can benefit from HR software solutions — and there are a number of affordable options available, including the ones mentioned in this article.
Remember that HR solutions aren’t just about feeling more organized — they actually have a great ROI if used properly, as you’ll have more time to focus on your business’ core operations. So don’t let a tight budget stand in the way of investing in HR software; there are plenty of great options that will fit any budget.
HR software solutions are a sure-fire way to streamline your business processes. Equipped with powerful functionality and an array of features, these solutions can make your life as a manager much easier.
Keep in mind that every new solution involves a transition process, and your team may not be entirely comfortable with the new software at first. But with patience and a well-executed plan, your team will soon be taking advantage of all that the HR software has to offer.
Ready to find the perfect HR software solution for your business? Check out the solutions we mentioned here as an excellent place to begin your search.