Being productive is key to succeeding in your career, education, or personal life – and in today’s digital world, there are plenty of apps to help you boost your productivity. From task managers and to-do list apps to productivity tracking and habit-forming apps, there’s an app for every purpose.
This article will review 21 of the best productivity apps for 2022. Whether you’re looking for a way to manage your time, increase your focus, or simply get more done, there’s an app on this list for you.
Best Apps for Work Productivity
First, we will start with the best apps for work productivity. These apps help you manage your schedule, track time effectively, and excel as a professional.
Day.io – Best for Time Tracking
When it comes to accurate time tracking and timesheet management for both business and project teams, Day.io is one of the best productivity apps on the market, offering anything & everything to do with time tracking.
Day.io covers everything from employee time tracking to personal scheduling, making it the perfect solution for all your timekeeping needs. Its features include:
- Time planning and tracking with predefined work hours for team members
- Customizable tolerance limit for late arrivals
- Real-time notifications of extra hours worked
- Device-based verification
- Offline support
- Time-off request handling
- Integration with major CRM, messaging and ERP platforms
- Digital signature
- Facial recognition (for verification purposes)
- Project-based time tracking
- Time tracking: From $5/employee/month
- Project tracking: From $8/employee/month
- Premium features: Customized pricing
Volume discounts are available.
Desktop, Android, iOS, tablet/kiosk, offline, API
Google Docs – Best for Document Creation and Collaboration
Google Docs is one of the best work apps; and you don’t even need to download it! Since it’s a web app, you can easily access it in any browser. With Docs, you can effortlessly create and share work documents on the go and edit them as a team.
Collaboration is undoubtedly one of the best Google Docs features. You’ll also find:
- Full-featured word processing
- Rich formatting for texts
- Real-time collaboration and team editing capabilities
Google Docs is completely free, accessible through any Google account (personal or work). The storage, however, counts toward your total Google Drive storage.
Desktop (web-based), iOS and Android, offline
IFTTT (If This Then That) – Best for Task Automation
IFTTT lets you smoothly automate your everyday tasks by connecting all your day-to-day apps. It’s known as the leading automation app for non-coding users, meaning anyone can learn how to use it – no coding knowledge required.
It’s never been so easy to link your apps in simple time-saving actions. With IFTTT, you can access:
- Zero-code automation
- Integration with over 700 apps
- Cloud-based event management
- IFTTT Free: $0
- IFTTT Pro: $2.50/month
- IFTTT Pro+: $5/month
Android and iOS
Calendly – Best for Managing Meeting Schedules
Calendly is one of the best personal organization software programs on the market. Through its simple user interface, you can sync your calendars and get fully organized for your week of meetings.
Use Calendly for:
- Meeting management within a unified calendar
- Availability sharing
- Team scheduling
- Free: $0 (basic features only)
- Essential: $10/seat/month
- Professional: $15/seat/month
- Teams: $20/seat/month
Up to 20% discounts available for annual payments.
Web, browser extension, iOS, Android
Internxt – Best for Secure File Sharing
Internxt is one of the best apps for work productivity that has excellent cloud-based file storage and management capabilities. Rather than jumping between file-sharing apps, you can store all of your important information in one easy access point.
With Internxt, you can expect:
- Secure cloud storage
- FIle sharing with access level control
- Password-protected sharing
- 10 GB: Free forever
- 20 GB: $0.99/month
- 200 GB: $4.49/month
- 2 TB: $9.99/month
All paid plans include a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Web, Desktop (Windows, Linux, and Mac), iOS, Android
ClickUp – Best for Agile Team Task Management
Considered one of the best apps for work productivity and project management, ClickUp serves as a comprehensive and aesthetically pleasing dashboard for teams.
ClickUp brings a ton of features to the table, including:
- Complete workflow management
- Zero-code management tools
- Agile dashboard
- Free: Free forever (100 MB storage)
- Unlimited: $9/member/month
- Business: $19/member/month
- Business Plus: $29/member/month
- Enterprise: Custom pricing
Discounts available for annual payments.
Desktop (Windows, Mac, Linux), Android, iOS, Browser extension
Engross – Best for Pomodoro Time Management
Engross is one of the best personal organization software apps that helps with time management and productivity while keeping you fresh and focused throughout the day.
With a simple design that makes productivity easier with every session, Engrossed includes features like:
- Pomodoro-based time tracker to help with focus
- Time-based task management
- Assistance with achieving goals
Mobile only (Android and iOS)
Best Productivity Apps for iPhone
Now, we’ll focus on the best productivity apps for iPhones. Remember that many of these apps support Android as well.
OmniFocus – Best for Professional Task Management
OmniFocus is one of the best productivity apps and an excellent tool for professionals to manage everyday tasks.
Integrating with apps like Notion, Evernote, and IFTTT, OmniFocus creates an ecosystem of useful tools. It offers:
- Detailed task management
- Schedule management and tracking
- Multi-device support and sync
- Traditional license: $99.99 (one-time purchase)
- Subscription: $9.99/month
- OmniFocus Web add-on: $4.99/month
Mac, iOS and web extension
ToDoist – Best for To-Do List Management
ToDoist is all about boosting your day-to-day task management with plenty of visual tools and collaboration features.
ToDoist has endless integrations to make your life that much smoother. With this app, you’ll get:
- Complete task management with color codes
- Task grouping
- Location-based and automated reminders
- Free: $0 forever
- Pro: $6/month
- Business (teams): $8/user/month
Desktop, mobile, browser extension, wearables, email
Forest – Best for Focus Assist with Gamified Theme
Forest is one of the best personal organization software apps – and it’s also supporting a great cause. Your productivity helps plant trees!
Forest offers these handy features to help you focus on high-priority tasks:
- Gamified theme (a tree will grow when you remain focused)
- Suitable for both home and office tasks
- Environment-friendly theme (tree plantation through your use of the app)
- Free on Google Play store
- $3.99 on iOS
- In-app purchases and add-ons
Android and iOS
TeuxDeux – Best for Simple Task Management
TeuDeux presents a simple and productive way of managing tasks and to-do lists inspired by good old-fashioned paper notes.
Aside from the simplistic and non-distracting UI, TeuxDeux offers:
- Day planning
- Simplified task management
- Marking as done and other statuses
- Free: $0/month, forever
- Skeptic: $4/month
- Believer: $36/year
30-day free trial is available
Web, iOS and Android
Nirvana – Best for Checklist-Based Task Management
Nirvana is one of the best productivity software apps you can use for comprehensive checklist management and task planning.
Nirvana offers a suite of useful tools:
- Priority-based task management
- Day-wise task planning
- Real-time sync on multi-device
- Basic version: $0/month, forever free
- Nirvana Pro: $5/month
Desktop (Windows and Mac), Android, iOS and web
Streaks – Best for Task Continuation Tracking
Streaks is one of the best personal organization software apps to keep you focused on doing a task regularly.
Streaks provides a simple interface with handy, user-friendly features:
- Daily task management
- Continuation tracking of your daily recurring tasks
- Smooth integration with Apple Health
Streak costs $4.99 (one-time license)
Mac and iOS
Productive – Best for Habit Tracking
Productive helps you keep track of your daily habits and lets you plan how you would manage the time to perform each habit.
Productive keeps you self-aware and organized with the following features:
- Scheduling and managing daily routine
- Tracking and managing your daily habits
- History of habits and performed activities
Free for a week. $29.99/year after the trial.
Android and iOS
Best Free Productivity Apps
Let’s take a look at the best productivity apps you can use for free.
TickTick – Best for Collaborative Checklist Management
Whether you are looking to get ahead of your daily routine or office tasks, TickTick is one of the best apps for work productivity and task organization.
TickTick’s robust set of tools makes task management and collaboration easy.
- Quick task creation with Siri, widget and other voice assistants
- Task creation from emails
- Location reminder
- Task occurrence and duration customization
- Free: $0, forever
- Premium: $27.99/year
Desktop, web, mobile, wearables, email add-ons, browser extensions
Any.Do – Best for List-based Task Management
If you ever find yourself struggling to follow your task calendar, consider Any.do. It’s not only one of the best personal organization software apps; it’s also free.
Any.do makes personal or team-based task management streamlined and simple.
- List-based task management
- Integration with Google Calendar, iCloud, Exchange, and over 5,000 apps
- User assignment for tasks
- Free: $0, free forever
- Premium: $36/year
- Teams: $60/user/month
Web, desktop, iOS, Android
Notion – Best for Work Notes Management
Workplace note management requires specific structures, and Notion is one of the best work apps to help you effortlessly structure all your workplace note-taking.
Notion offers a number of helpful, easy-to-use features for teams and individuals.
- Task creation and collaboration
- Due dates and customizable reminders
- Seamless integration with third-party office management tools, including Google Drive and TypeForm
- Free: $0 (for individuals)
- Personal Pro: $5/month (for individuals)
- Team: $10/user/month
- Enterprise: Custom pricing
Desktop (Mac and Windows), mobile (Android and iOS), web
RescueTime – Best for Efficient Time Management
If you’re wasting too much time on various apps and losing focus from work, you may consider RescueTime–one of the best apps for work productivity available for free.
RescueTime helps you do more in a day with these helpful tools:
- Time tracking for specific app
- Notification blocker
- Progress tracking
- Lite: Free forever
- Premium: $6.50/month
Desktop (Windows and Mac), Android, iOS
Otter – Best for Transcription and Meeting Note Management
If you’re often in a hurry, you may find Otter’s AI-powered transcription and note-taking feature helpful.
Otter’s straightforward and user-friendly suite of features includes:
- AI-driven transcription
- Quick highlight of the critical points
- Automatic meeting note capturing
- Basic: $0, free forever, 300 transcription minutes per month
- Pro: $16.99/month
- Business: $30/month
- Enterprise: Custom pricing
Annual discounts also available
Android, iOS and chrome extension
Evernote – Best for Quick Note-Taking
No discussion of the best productivity apps would be complete without Evernote, one of the quickest and most organized note-taking apps.
Evernote offers a whole arsenal of excellent features:
- Document drag and drop within notes
- Support for hand-written notes
- Comprehensive search (title, keyword, contents, PDF)
- Free: $0
- Personal: $7.99/month
- Professional: $9.99/month
- Team: $14.99/user/month (minimum two users)
Android, iOS, browser extension
Tide – Best for Having a Good Work-Life Balance
Tide is one of the best productivity apps that promotes healthy work-life balance by helping you maintain focus and rest adequately.
Tide’s set of features makes pomodoro a breeze.
- Focus timer based on pomodoro technique
- Activity and relaxation history tracking
- Soundscapes for focus
- Free: $0
- Tide Plus: $11.99/month
- In-app sounds available for purchase
Android and iOS
Best Productivity Apps 2022 Compared
|Category||App Name||Best For||Supported Platforms||Price|
|Best Apps for Work Productivity||Day.io||Time tracking||Desktop, Android, iOS, Tablet/kiosk, API, offline||From $5 per employee/month|
|Google Docs||Document creation and collaboration||Desktop (web-based), Android, iOS, offline||Free|
|IFTTT (If This Then That)||Task automation||Android and iSO||Free or from $2.50/month|
|Calendly||Managing meeting schedule||Web, browser extensions, Android, iOS||Free or from $10/seat/month|
|Internxt||Secure file sharing||Web, desktop (Windows, Mac and Linux), Android, iOS||Free or from $0.99/month|
|ClickUp||Agile teams’ task management||Web, desktop (Windows, Mac and Linux), Android, iOS, browser extensions||Free or from $9/month|
|Engross||Pomodoro time management||Android and iOS||Free|
|Best Productivity Apps for iPhone||OmniFocus||Professional task management||Mac, iOS, Web||Subscription: $9.99/month
|ToDoist||To-do list management||Desktop, mobile, wearables, browser, email||Free or from $6/month|
|Forest||Focus assist with gamified theme||Android and iOS||Free for Android,
$3.99 for iOS
|TeuxDeux||Simple task management||Android, iOS and web||Free or from $4/month|
|Nirvana||Checklist-based task management||iOS, Android, Desktop, web||Free or from $5/month|
|Streaks||Task continuation tracking||iOS and Mac||$4.99|
|Productive||Habit tracking||iOS and Android||Free for a week, then $29.99/year|
|Best Free Productivity Apps||TickTick||Collaborative checklist management||Desktop, web, mobile, browser extensions, email add-ons||Free or $29.99/year|
|Any.do||List-based task management||iOS, windows, Android, web||Free or from $36/year|
|Notion||Worknotes management||Desktop, Android, iOS, web||Free or from $5/month|
|RescueTime||Efficient time management||Desktop, Android, iOS||Free or $6.50/month|
|Otter||Transcription and meeting note management||Android, iOS, Google Chrome extension||Free or from $16.99/month|
|Evernote||Quick note taking||Android, iOS, browser extensions||Free or from $7.99/month|
|Tide||Having a good work-life balance||Android and iOS||Free or from $11.99/month|
Summary: Best Apps for Work Productivity
So, we have comprehensively reviewed 21 of the best apps for work productivity and Day.io tops our list as the best productivity app for 2022. Day.io covers every aspect of your business time-tracking needs and takes your work productivity to the next level. Go ahead and install Day.io now.